Tuesday, January 25, 2011

The next Leonard Bernstein?

An NWPR listener in Tacoma turned me on to this video of three year old Jonathan conducting the finale to Beethoven's Symphony No. 5, arguably one of the most well-known pieces of music in the world.

Honestly, this is exactly what I feel like doing when I hear this piece. Well, everything but the judicious nose picking.



Just to prove that Jonathan is not a one trick pony here he is playing the violin. I can't wait to follow his career!

7 comments:

SpainEspaƱa said...

Brilliant. I shall watch that kid's future progress with great interest. Thank you, Robin.

Judy said...

Going viral?!!! I posted this on my Facebook and Twitter page. Thank you so much for sharing this Robin.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Robin, it does release one's musical inner child!

Robin said...

You're right! It does release one's inner child.

Unknown said...

Thank you Robin. That was wonderful. Obvious this is a very talented family. I noticed Little siis right behind him. God bless the parents for such encouragement. may he continue to love his music.

Anonymous said...

Robin - I sent this to Lawrence Golan our new Music Director and he said he held this little guy in his arms while he conducted the Phoenix Symphony. Small world!

Robin said...

Really? Please tell Lawrence we need the full story. Inquiring Northwest Public Radio minds want to know! Does he have any pictures of the event?