Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Relief of Derry Symphony

Painting by Julius Guzy.

About 12 years ago I was wandering through the folk section of Northwest Public Radio's music library when I came across a work by Irish composer Shaun Davey called "The Relief of Derry Symphony." As morning classical music host the word symphony naturally caught my eye so I took a listen. Wow! I was blown away by this amazing work. How in the world did this ever end up in the folk section? I included it in my program the very next day and the reaction was immediate and very positive.

I hope that you enjoyed No. 49 on Northwest Public Radio's "50 Favorites!" You can find links to purchase the cd on Shaun's website under Albums. Watch this video for more information on the seige of Derry.



Here's a picture of the Derry Guildhall where the symphony was recorded back in 1990.

5 comments:

preeti said...

Nice post there.Classical music with a nice sound track is liked by every one.

wedding photography Melbourne said...

Attractive blog + good information is hard to find nowadays..

Anonymous said...

hello

acesse: www.novaarteemfoco.blogspot.com

please comment ok

thanks

Anonymous said...

water softeners tampa WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEMS PROMISES TO DELIVER
ONE THING: BETTER WATER FOR YOU AND YOUR FAMILY.
AT WATER PURIFICATION SYSTEMS, WE UNDERSTAND HOW
IMPORTANT WATER IS TO YOU, YOUR FAMILY, AND YOUR HOME.

Riley said...

IT IS A PRETY PICTURE ;)