Tuesday, August 7, 2007

"Once" is not nearly enough.



The song that Glen Hansard and Marketa Irglova sing in this video from the film "Once" is called "Falling Slowly." I want you to see this movie. It's amazing. I want to talk about it with you because I found it so astonishing, original, raw, real and moving in a way that I find difficult to describe. On the other hand, I don't want to give anymore away than what you've seen in the clip.

I hope that you see it and I hope that you like it. I will see this movie again. Seeing "Once," once is truly not enough.

Here's a link to an NPR Live In Concert series with slide show from "All Songs Considered." http://www.npr.org/music/liveconcerts/2007/swellseason/swellseason_slide/index.html

Here's a link to a movie review from Kenneth Tuan heard on "Morning Edition."
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=10243088

2 comments:

Sueann Ramella said...

Oh Robin. I am late to my production work because I was so enthralled with the song. I am going to look up this movie.

Giselle said...

i've recently seen this movie and i fell in love with it. the songs are wonderful and the acting was raw and real. love it!